Two ships collide in China: Five killed, 7 missing
Beijing: At least five people were killed and seven others remained missing after two ships collided on Friday on the Yuanjiang river in central China`s Hunan Province.
Twenty-two people fell into the river in Yuanjiang city after two ships collided with each other.
Rescuers have rushed to the accident waters and salvaged 15 people, among whom 5 people have been confirmed dead, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Search operations for the missing people are going on.
The accident took place two days after a similar mishap in Hong Kong where 38 people were killed when two vessels collided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi