Two ships collide in China: Five killed, 7 missing
Beijing: At least five people were killed and seven others remained missing after two ships collided on Friday on the Yuanjiang river in central China`s Hunan Province.
Twenty-two people fell into the river in Yuanjiang city after two ships collided with each other.
Rescuers have rushed to the accident waters and salvaged 15 people, among whom 5 people have been confirmed dead, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Search operations for the missing people are going on.
The accident took place two days after a similar mishap in Hong Kong where 38 people were killed when two vessels collided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users