Two slain, five hurt in New Orleans shooting in US
New Orleans (US): A shooting in a New Orleans neighborhood that has struggled with crime since being ravaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 left two people dead and five others wounded, including a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old, police said. The children and another victim from the Lower Ninth Ward neighborhood were in critical condition after yesterday`s shooting, and two other people were stable, police spokesman Frank Robertson said. He didn`t immediately release any other information, including a possible motive for the shooting. The Lower Ninth, a predominantly black neighborhood less than 8 kilometers from the bustling tourist district of the French Quarter, was overwhelmed by Hurricane Katrina`s floods in 2005. It has been one of the slowest parts of the city to recover because many homeowners couldn`t afford insurance. In a separate, unrelated spate of violence, a 20-year-old man shot a friend last morning inside a hotel room at the edge of the Quarter, then killed himself after a three-hour standoff with police, authorities said. Those shootings happened in a 17th-floor room at The Westin on Canal Street, where four friends from the Lafayette area were staying together for the weekend, Robertson said in a news release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report