Two slain, five hurt in New Orleans shooting in US
New Orleans (US): A shooting in a New Orleans neighborhood that has struggled with crime since being ravaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 left two people dead and five others wounded, including a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old, police said. The children and another victim from the Lower Ninth Ward neighborhood were in critical condition after yesterday`s shooting, and two other people were stable, police spokesman Frank Robertson said. He didn`t immediately release any other information, including a possible motive for the shooting. The Lower Ninth, a predominantly black neighborhood less than 8 kilometers from the bustling tourist district of the French Quarter, was overwhelmed by Hurricane Katrina`s floods in 2005. It has been one of the slowest parts of the city to recover because many homeowners couldn`t afford insurance. In a separate, unrelated spate of violence, a 20-year-old man shot a friend last morning inside a hotel room at the edge of the Quarter, then killed himself after a three-hour standoff with police, authorities said. Those shootings happened in a 17th-floor room at The Westin on Canal Street, where four friends from the Lafayette area were staying together for the weekend, Robertson said in a news release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok