Two students beaten to death in Chinese school
Beijing: Two primary school boys were allegedly beaten to death by a staffer in southern China, in the latest case of violent attacks against children in the country.
The boys were allegedly killed by the husband of school`s deputy principal in the dormitory of the private school in Yulin in Guangxi Zhuang region on Wednesday morning, state-run Xinhua news agency said on Friday.
The accused allegedly hit the primary school pupils and critically injured them. The duo later died in a hospital.
The accused surnamed as Liu has been arrested, police said adding the investigating is still on.
The boys were in the 5th grade, which normally caters for children who are aged between 10-12 years.
In September last year, three children were killed and more than a dozen injured in an axe attack at a primary school in Pingnan county in Guangxi autonomous region.
On December 23, some pupils were also injured in a knife attack at Chenpeng village primary school in Guangshan county.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi