Two Tibetans immolate themselves in China
Beijing: Two Tibetan herdsmen immolated themselves in northwest China, authorities said Tuesday.
In the first case, Tsering Dongdri, 35, died after setting himself on fire Tuesday morning near a remote gold mine in Gansu province, Xinhua quoted a local government spokesperson as saying.
In a separate incident, a 25-year-old herdsman reportedly died after he immolated himself Monday night in the neighbouring Qinghai province. He set himself ablaze in his monk brother`s house after locking himself inside at around 9 pm, local government said Tuesday.
On Monday, a special meeting of the Tibet support groups from about 40 countries, held in India`s Himachal Pradesh state, called on the new Chinese leadership to urgently address the root causes of self-immolations in Tibet.
According to the Central Tibetan Administration, or the Tibetan government-in-exile in India, as many as 78 Tibetans have set themselves on fire since March 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India