Two Tibetans immolate themselves in China
Beijing: Two Tibetan herdsmen immolated themselves in northwest China, authorities said Tuesday.
In the first case, Tsering Dongdri, 35, died after setting himself on fire Tuesday morning near a remote gold mine in Gansu province, Xinhua quoted a local government spokesperson as saying.
In a separate incident, a 25-year-old herdsman reportedly died after he immolated himself Monday night in the neighbouring Qinghai province. He set himself ablaze in his monk brother`s house after locking himself inside at around 9 pm, local government said Tuesday.
On Monday, a special meeting of the Tibet support groups from about 40 countries, held in India`s Himachal Pradesh state, called on the new Chinese leadership to urgently address the root causes of self-immolations in Tibet.
According to the Central Tibetan Administration, or the Tibetan government-in-exile in India, as many as 78 Tibetans have set themselves on fire since March 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia
- 'Too much' or 'too little' sleep can raise diabetes risk in men
- 7th Pay Commission: No decision yet on increase in allowances; pay hike to be implemented from Jan 2016
- Ephedrine haul case: Accused gets threat not to turn approver
- Yo Yo Honey Singh battled bipolar disease, thanks doctor for treatment!