Two Tibetans set selves on fire in latest protest
Beijing: Two Tibetans have set themselves on fire in southwest China in the latest self-immolation protest against the Chinese government.
The official Xinhua News Agency said on Saturday the two former monks aged 18 and 20 set themselves on fire in Sichuan province`s Aba prefecture on Friday.
Xinhua cites a county spokesman as saying the monks were rescued and were being treated at a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
They are the fourth and fifth Tibetans to set themselves on fire in Aba county in the past two weeks.
The activist group International Campaign for Tibet says the two young men clasped their hands together as they set themselves alight.
Aba prefecture has been the scene of numerous protests in past years against the Chinese government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev