Two Tibetans set selves on fire in latest protest
Beijing: Two Tibetans have set themselves on fire in southwest China in the latest self-immolation protest against the Chinese government.
The official Xinhua News Agency said on Saturday the two former monks aged 18 and 20 set themselves on fire in Sichuan province`s Aba prefecture on Friday.
Xinhua cites a county spokesman as saying the monks were rescued and were being treated at a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
They are the fourth and fifth Tibetans to set themselves on fire in Aba county in the past two weeks.
The activist group International Campaign for Tibet says the two young men clasped their hands together as they set themselves alight.
Aba prefecture has been the scene of numerous protests in past years against the Chinese government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites