Two trains collide in the Netherlands
The Hague: An international passenger train carrying 146 people toward Germany collided with a freight train in the eastern Netherlands on Tuesday. Police and local authorities said there were no injuries.
Babet Verstappen, a spokeswoman for Dutch rail network organization Prorail, said part of the passenger train derailed after the collision just after noon (1100 GMT) near the town of Zevenaar, 115 kilometers (70 miles) southeast of Amsterdam.
Police spokeswoman Andrea Jansen confirmed that the passenger train had partially derailed and said police had no reports of any injuries as a result of the crash.
German railway Deutsche Bahn said the train was traveling from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, and part of it was involved in a side-on collision with a freight train between Zevenaar and the German border town of Emmerich, the German news agency DAPD reported. Part of the train derailed but it didn`t tip over.
The passenger train involved reaches speeds of up to 300 kilometers per hour (186 mph) in Germany, according to its website. It connects the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland.
Zevenaar municipality said in a statement all passengers got off the train and were taken by bus to a collection point in the town.
The cause of the collision was not immediately known.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket