Two Turkish soldiers killed in bomb attack
Ankara: An official says suspected Kurdish rebels have detonated a roadside bomb, killing two soldiers in the country`s southeast.
Mustafa Toprak, the governor of Diyarbakir province, told the state-run Anadolu agency the remotely-controlled bomb was hidden in a culvert on a road in the town of Lice and was detonated as a military vehicle passed by.
Toprak says a soldier and a civilian were also wounded in today`s explosion.
Kurdish rebels are fighting for autonomy in Turkey`s southeast. The conflict between the rebels and Turkey has killed tens of thousands of people since 1984.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why