Two Turkish soldiers killed in bomb attack
Ankara: An official says suspected Kurdish rebels have detonated a roadside bomb, killing two soldiers in the country`s southeast.
Mustafa Toprak, the governor of Diyarbakir province, told the state-run Anadolu agency the remotely-controlled bomb was hidden in a culvert on a road in the town of Lice and was detonated as a military vehicle passed by.
Toprak says a soldier and a civilian were also wounded in today`s explosion.
Kurdish rebels are fighting for autonomy in Turkey`s southeast. The conflict between the rebels and Turkey has killed tens of thousands of people since 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!