Two Turkish soldiers killed in bomb attack
Ankara: An official says suspected Kurdish rebels have detonated a roadside bomb, killing two soldiers in the country`s southeast.
Mustafa Toprak, the governor of Diyarbakir province, told the state-run Anadolu agency the remotely-controlled bomb was hidden in a culvert on a road in the town of Lice and was detonated as a military vehicle passed by.
Toprak says a soldier and a civilian were also wounded in today`s explosion.
Kurdish rebels are fighting for autonomy in Turkey`s southeast. The conflict between the rebels and Turkey has killed tens of thousands of people since 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you