Two Turkish soldiers killed in bomb attack
Ankara: An official says suspected Kurdish rebels have detonated a roadside bomb, killing two soldiers in the country`s southeast.
Mustafa Toprak, the governor of Diyarbakir province, told the state-run Anadolu agency the remotely-controlled bomb was hidden in a culvert on a road in the town of Lice and was detonated as a military vehicle passed by.
Toprak says a soldier and a civilian were also wounded in today`s explosion.
Kurdish rebels are fighting for autonomy in Turkey`s southeast. The conflict between the rebels and Turkey has killed tens of thousands of people since 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'