Two UK men convicted in plot to kill Joss Stone
London: A British jury has convicted two men of plotting to rob and kill soul singer Joss Stone.
Thirty-two-year-old Junior Bradshaw and 35-year-old Kevin Liverpool were convicted today at Exeter Crown Court on charges of conspiracy to murder, to cause grievous bodily harm and to rob. They had denied the charges.
Prosecutors said the pair were arrested in June 2011 close to Stone`s home in southwestern England after suspicious neighbours reported them to the police.
They were armed with a samurai sword, knives, a hammer, black bags and gloves. They planned to decapitate the singer then dump her body in a river but never reached her house.
Liverpool was given a life sentence and ordered to serve a minimum of 10 years and eight months. Bradshaw will be sentenced later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state