Two UK men convicted in plot to kill Joss Stone
London: A British jury has convicted two men of plotting to rob and kill soul singer Joss Stone.
Thirty-two-year-old Junior Bradshaw and 35-year-old Kevin Liverpool were convicted today at Exeter Crown Court on charges of conspiracy to murder, to cause grievous bodily harm and to rob. They had denied the charges.
Prosecutors said the pair were arrested in June 2011 close to Stone`s home in southwestern England after suspicious neighbours reported them to the police.
They were armed with a samurai sword, knives, a hammer, black bags and gloves. They planned to decapitate the singer then dump her body in a river but never reached her house.
Liverpool was given a life sentence and ordered to serve a minimum of 10 years and eight months. Bradshaw will be sentenced later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat