Two UK men convicted in plot to kill Joss Stone
London: A British jury has convicted two men of plotting to rob and kill soul singer Joss Stone.
Thirty-two-year-old Junior Bradshaw and 35-year-old Kevin Liverpool were convicted today at Exeter Crown Court on charges of conspiracy to murder, to cause grievous bodily harm and to rob. They had denied the charges.
Prosecutors said the pair were arrested in June 2011 close to Stone`s home in southwestern England after suspicious neighbours reported them to the police.
They were armed with a samurai sword, knives, a hammer, black bags and gloves. They planned to decapitate the singer then dump her body in a river but never reached her house.
Liverpool was given a life sentence and ordered to serve a minimum of 10 years and eight months. Bradshaw will be sentenced later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report