Two US boys to stand trial for murder conspiracy
Colville: A northeast Washington state judge has found two boys, ages 10 and 11, competent to stand trial in juvenile court on a murder conspiracy charge.
Stevens County Prosecutor Tim Rasmussen says the fifth-graders had a handwritten plan listing seven steps leading up to the planned killing of a female classmate. That list was yesterday submitted as evidence at their mental capacity hearing.
A county judge ruled that the boys understood the nature and consequences of their actions. They pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, witness tampering and juvenile possession of a firearm.
The boys were arrested February 7 at Fort Colville Elementary School after a fourth-grader saw one playing with a knife on a schoolbus and told a school employee.
A backpack search also turned up a .45-calibre semi-automatic pistol and ammunition. The Spokesman Review reports the boys are being held on a USD 100,000 bond each. Both a defence psychiatrist and a state psychologist say they present a danger to the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!