Two US soldiers arrested in Japan
Naha: Police arrested a 19-year-old US Marine on suspicion of stealing from a taxi and a 33-year-old American airman for an alleged traffic law violation in Okinawa Prefecture of Japan in separate cases, the police said.
The police arrested the lance corporal from the US Marines` Makiminato Service Area in the city of Urasoe for allegedly stealing some JPY 3,000 from a taxi in the city of Ginowan around 10:30 pm on Saturday.
The Marine was apprehended on the spot by police officers who responded to a report from the driver, but denied the allegation, the police said.
The taxi driver called the police after the Marine, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, reached into the cashbox of the taxi when the car was at a hamburger drive-through in the city, the police said, adding there were two other passengers in the car.
Meanwhile, police arrested Technical Sgt Atiba Gresham from the US Air Force`s Kadena Base in Kadena for allegedly refusing to take a breath test for drunken driving in the city of Okinawa around 11:15 pm on Saturday.
According to the police, they stopped his car on the road in the city as he was speeding and asked Gresham to take the test as they smelled alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark