Two women arrested in Thailand for drug smuggling
Bangkok: Thai authorities on Thursday arrested two women at the Don Mueang Airport here with over 3,000 methamphetamine pills hidden in their private parts.
Immigration police said they had received a tip-off yesterday that drugs were being transported from Chiang Rai to Bangkok using the low-cost airport.
Police stopped the two Thai women Anu Ma-Yer, 28 and Sukanda Chue-Mue, 26, after their flight landed today.
A body search found a total of 3,473 speed pills packed in condoms and hidden in the women`s vaginas.
They admitted to having brought the drugs to Bangkok to deliver them to a dealer.
Later, police set up a sting operation and arrested the dealer.
Police said drug dealers were now using hill tribe women as drug mules.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan