Two women injured in Toronto university shooting
Toronto: Police on Friday searched for a young man suspected in a shooting that injured two women at a Toronto university and prompted a campus lockdown.
Police said a man in his mid-20s fired a gun in the food court of York University`s student center last night. The lockdown was lifted at about 1 am local time on Friday.
One woman was shot in the leg and was taken to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries. A second woman was injured by shrapnel, taken to hospital for treatment and released. Police say they don`t believe the women were targeted.
The suspect fled on foot and it is not known if he is a York University student. Police describe him as a black man, about six feet tall and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
Police plan on reviewing video surveillance footage and interviewing people who were at the scene last night.
"The investigation is ongoing and we are speaking to witnesses," said Const. Victor Kwong.
"We are also asking anyone had who fled the scene to please give us a call because they might have little bits and pieces that we aren`t aware of," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened