Two women injured in Toronto university shooting
Toronto: Police on Friday searched for a young man suspected in a shooting that injured two women at a Toronto university and prompted a campus lockdown.
Police said a man in his mid-20s fired a gun in the food court of York University`s student center last night. The lockdown was lifted at about 1 am local time on Friday.
One woman was shot in the leg and was taken to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries. A second woman was injured by shrapnel, taken to hospital for treatment and released. Police say they don`t believe the women were targeted.
The suspect fled on foot and it is not known if he is a York University student. Police describe him as a black man, about six feet tall and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
Police plan on reviewing video surveillance footage and interviewing people who were at the scene last night.
"The investigation is ongoing and we are speaking to witnesses," said Const. Victor Kwong.
"We are also asking anyone had who fled the scene to please give us a call because they might have little bits and pieces that we aren`t aware of," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?