Two women injured in Toronto university shooting
Toronto: Police on Friday searched for a young man suspected in a shooting that injured two women at a Toronto university and prompted a campus lockdown.
Police said a man in his mid-20s fired a gun in the food court of York University`s student center last night. The lockdown was lifted at about 1 am local time on Friday.
One woman was shot in the leg and was taken to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries. A second woman was injured by shrapnel, taken to hospital for treatment and released. Police say they don`t believe the women were targeted.
The suspect fled on foot and it is not known if he is a York University student. Police describe him as a black man, about six feet tall and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
Police plan on reviewing video surveillance footage and interviewing people who were at the scene last night.
"The investigation is ongoing and we are speaking to witnesses," said Const. Victor Kwong.
"We are also asking anyone had who fled the scene to please give us a call because they might have little bits and pieces that we aren`t aware of," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog