Two women injured in Toronto university shooting
Toronto: Police on Friday searched for a young man suspected in a shooting that injured two women at a Toronto university and prompted a campus lockdown.
Police said a man in his mid-20s fired a gun in the food court of York University`s student center last night. The lockdown was lifted at about 1 am local time on Friday.
One woman was shot in the leg and was taken to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries. A second woman was injured by shrapnel, taken to hospital for treatment and released. Police say they don`t believe the women were targeted.
The suspect fled on foot and it is not known if he is a York University student. Police describe him as a black man, about six feet tall and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
Police plan on reviewing video surveillance footage and interviewing people who were at the scene last night.
"The investigation is ongoing and we are speaking to witnesses," said Const. Victor Kwong.
"We are also asking anyone had who fled the scene to please give us a call because they might have little bits and pieces that we aren`t aware of," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth