Two workers rescued near top of NYC skyscraper
New York: Two maintenance workers left dangling from a collapsed scaffold near the top of a New York City skyscraper have been rescued.
The men were stuck yesterday afternoon at the Hearst building in Manhattan.
Fire department officials say other workers cut open windows on the 44th floor and pulled the men inside.
The metal scaffold appeared to have buckled in the middle. The men were on either side, communicating with firefighters on the roof of the 46-story building for about an hour and a half before they were rescued.
The Hearst Tower is the world headquarters of the Hearst Corp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- 41 years of Emergency: NDA ministers to attend rallies to highlight Congress' 'excesses' in 1975
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM