Two workers rescued near top of NYC skyscraper
New York: Two maintenance workers left dangling from a collapsed scaffold near the top of a New York City skyscraper have been rescued.
The men were stuck yesterday afternoon at the Hearst building in Manhattan.
Fire department officials say other workers cut open windows on the 44th floor and pulled the men inside.
The metal scaffold appeared to have buckled in the middle. The men were on either side, communicating with firefighters on the roof of the 46-story building for about an hour and a half before they were rescued.
The Hearst Tower is the world headquarters of the Hearst Corp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!