Two workers rescued near top of NYC skyscraper
New York: Two maintenance workers left dangling from a collapsed scaffold near the top of a New York City skyscraper have been rescued.
The men were stuck yesterday afternoon at the Hearst building in Manhattan.
Fire department officials say other workers cut open windows on the 44th floor and pulled the men inside.
The metal scaffold appeared to have buckled in the middle. The men were on either side, communicating with firefighters on the roof of the 46-story building for about an hour and a half before they were rescued.
The Hearst Tower is the world headquarters of the Hearst Corp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’