Two workers rescued near top of NYC skyscraper
New York: Two maintenance workers left dangling from a collapsed scaffold near the top of a New York City skyscraper have been rescued.
The men were stuck yesterday afternoon at the Hearst building in Manhattan.
Fire department officials say other workers cut open windows on the 44th floor and pulled the men inside.
The metal scaffold appeared to have buckled in the middle. The men were on either side, communicating with firefighters on the roof of the 46-story building for about an hour and a half before they were rescued.
The Hearst Tower is the world headquarters of the Hearst Corp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why