Two workers rescued near top of NYC skyscraper
New York: Two maintenance workers left dangling from a collapsed scaffold near the top of a New York City skyscraper have been rescued.
The men were stuck yesterday afternoon at the Hearst building in Manhattan.
Fire department officials say other workers cut open windows on the 44th floor and pulled the men inside.
The metal scaffold appeared to have buckled in the middle. The men were on either side, communicating with firefighters on the roof of the 46-story building for about an hour and a half before they were rescued.
The Hearst Tower is the world headquarters of the Hearst Corp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- REVEALED: Why did Yuzvendra Chahal issue a public apology to team-mate AB de Villiers
- I have not applied for any role with Australian cricket team, clarifies Jason Gillespie
- BJP nominates Piyush Goyal from Maharashtra for Raya Sabha election
- Your financial strength could impact your romantic relationships – Read more
- Hyundai Grand i10 Special Edition launched in India at Rs 6.05 lakh