Tymoshenko to be treated at Ukrainian clinic
Kiev: German doctors who traveled to Ukraine to examine the jailed and ailing ex-Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko say that she agreed to treat her back condition at a local hospital.
Dr Karl Max Einhaupl said the treatment of Tymoshenko`s herniated disk will start on Tuesday.
The 51-year-old Tymoshenko is on a hunger strike to protest the prison`s alleged mistreatment of her as she serves a seven-year sentence on charges of abusing her powers when she was prime minister.
Critics have described her case as politically motivated, saying President Viktor Yanukovych, Tymoshenko`s rival in the 2010 presidential election, orchestrated her prosecution.
Government officials have denied any claims of bias in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical