Tymoshenko to be treated at Ukrainian clinic
Kiev: German doctors who traveled to Ukraine to examine the jailed and ailing ex-Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko say that she agreed to treat her back condition at a local hospital.
Dr Karl Max Einhaupl said the treatment of Tymoshenko`s herniated disk will start on Tuesday.
The 51-year-old Tymoshenko is on a hunger strike to protest the prison`s alleged mistreatment of her as she serves a seven-year sentence on charges of abusing her powers when she was prime minister.
Critics have described her case as politically motivated, saying President Viktor Yanukovych, Tymoshenko`s rival in the 2010 presidential election, orchestrated her prosecution.
Government officials have denied any claims of bias in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users