Typhoon Bolaven hits S Korea, 28 fishermen missing
Tokyo: At least 28 Chinese fishermen went missing early Tuesday after two boats capsized in rough seas off South Korea`s Jeju Island after Typhoon Bolaven hit the area.
Six people were rescued while search operations have started for those who are missing, as per a CNN report.
Typhoon Bolaven has headed towards Korean Peninsula after it hit Okinawa where 5 people were reportedly injured.
A storm warning was issued in Seoul as Typhoon Bolaven struck in the south and west areas of the country.
South Korean officials are predicting strong winds and 40-100 millimeters (1.6-3.9 inches) of rain in Seoul.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire