Typhoon Bolaven hits S Korea, 28 fishermen missing
Tokyo: At least 28 Chinese fishermen went missing early Tuesday after two boats capsized in rough seas off South Korea`s Jeju Island after Typhoon Bolaven hit the area.
Six people were rescued while search operations have started for those who are missing, as per a CNN report.
Typhoon Bolaven has headed towards Korean Peninsula after it hit Okinawa where 5 people were reportedly injured.
A storm warning was issued in Seoul as Typhoon Bolaven struck in the south and west areas of the country.
South Korean officials are predicting strong winds and 40-100 millimeters (1.6-3.9 inches) of rain in Seoul.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details