Typhoon Bolaven hits S Korea, 28 fishermen missing
Tokyo: At least 28 Chinese fishermen went missing early Tuesday after two boats capsized in rough seas off South Korea`s Jeju Island after Typhoon Bolaven hit the area.
Six people were rescued while search operations have started for those who are missing, as per a CNN report.
Typhoon Bolaven has headed towards Korean Peninsula after it hit Okinawa where 5 people were reportedly injured.
A storm warning was issued in Seoul as Typhoon Bolaven struck in the south and west areas of the country.
South Korean officials are predicting strong winds and 40-100 millimeters (1.6-3.9 inches) of rain in Seoul.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert