Typhoon Bolaven hits S Korea, 28 fishermen missing
Tokyo: At least 28 Chinese fishermen went missing early Tuesday after two boats capsized in rough seas off South Korea`s Jeju Island after Typhoon Bolaven hit the area.
Six people were rescued while search operations have started for those who are missing, as per a CNN report.
Typhoon Bolaven has headed towards Korean Peninsula after it hit Okinawa where 5 people were reportedly injured.
A storm warning was issued in Seoul as Typhoon Bolaven struck in the south and west areas of the country.
South Korean officials are predicting strong winds and 40-100 millimeters (1.6-3.9 inches) of rain in Seoul.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?