Typhoon Nari approaches China
Haikou: China`s Hainan province initiated emergency procedures Sunday morning as Typhoon Nari is expected to arrive near the Xisha Islands by Monday.
The centre of the typhoon was located at 15.3 north latitude and 114.2 east longitude, 260 km southeast from Hainan`s Sansha city (Xisha Islands) at 11 a.m. Sunday, with speed of the wind up to 137 km per hour.
It moved westward at a speed of 15 km per hour, said the Hainan provincial meteorological station.
Around 27,000 fishing boats were called back to port in the morning.
All fishermen of Yongle Islands were relocated to Jinqing Island. The typhoon is forecast to hit hard at this place.
The National Marine Environmental Forecasting Centre has raised the emergency response of level two, forecasting waves up to 10 metres in the South China Sea and between 2.5 and 3.5 metres on the east and south coasts of Hainan province Sunday noon.
Earlier, at least 12 people were killed Saturday and three others were missing as Typhoon Nari continued to batter the northern part of Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside