Typhoon Nari leaves 6 dead, 7 missing in Vietnam
Hanoi: Typhoon Nari killed six people in Vietnam, left seven others missing and destroyed or damaged thousands of homes, officials said on Wednesday.
The storm slammed into Vietnam`s central coast early yesterday after leaving 13 people dead in the Philippines over the weekend.
Three people were killed and two others were missing in Quang Nam province, the national floods and storms control department said. About 12,000 homes were destroyed or damaged in seven central provinces, it said.
Flash floods triggered by the typhoon killed three people and left two others missing in Quang Binh province, provincial disaster official Ngo Duc Song said.
The floods submerged 10,000 homes in the province, many of them up to 2 meters under water, and left four villages isolated, he said.
Nearly 5,000 people were evacuated from their flooded homes to higher ground, Song said, adding that soldiers and police officers were sent to help villagers deal with the floods.
In the neighbouring province of Ha Tinh, authorities were searching for three people missing in the floods.
The storm weakened to a tropical depression after making landfall in Vietnam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head