Typhoon Nari leaves 6 dead, 7 missing in Vietnam
Hanoi: Typhoon Nari killed six people in Vietnam, left seven others missing and destroyed or damaged thousands of homes, officials said on Wednesday.
The storm slammed into Vietnam`s central coast early yesterday after leaving 13 people dead in the Philippines over the weekend.
Three people were killed and two others were missing in Quang Nam province, the national floods and storms control department said. About 12,000 homes were destroyed or damaged in seven central provinces, it said.
Flash floods triggered by the typhoon killed three people and left two others missing in Quang Binh province, provincial disaster official Ngo Duc Song said.
The floods submerged 10,000 homes in the province, many of them up to 2 meters under water, and left four villages isolated, he said.
Nearly 5,000 people were evacuated from their flooded homes to higher ground, Song said, adding that soldiers and police officers were sent to help villagers deal with the floods.
In the neighbouring province of Ha Tinh, authorities were searching for three people missing in the floods.
The storm weakened to a tropical depression after making landfall in Vietnam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why