Typhoon Ramassun toll in China rises to 56
Beijing: The number of people killed by typhoon Rammasun in China has gone up to 56 with 20 missing, officials said Wednesday.
Rammasun is the strongest typhoon to hit China in four decades and has affected more than 11 million people in the southern coastal provinces of Hainan, Guangdong, Yunnan and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Xinhua reported.
Nineteen deaths were reported in south China`s Hainan, nine in south China`s Guangxi and 28 in Yunnan.
The typhoon has damaged power and water supplies, telecommunications networks, ports and roads, and made rescue work more difficult.
Hainan, where Rammasun made its first landfall Friday afternoon, suffered the worst damage.
Rammasun, which first made landfall in the eastern province of Albay in the Philippines Tuesday last week, has claimed at least 94 lives with six people still missing in that country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!