Typhoon weakens to tropical storm in Vietnam
Hanoi: Vietnam is hunkering down in preparation for a weakened Typhoon Nesat, evacuating nearly 20,000 people from coastal areas. The hard-hit Philippines is bracing for yet another monster storm building off its coast in a region that`s already waterlogged from monsoon flooding.
Vietnam`s national weather forecasting centre says Nesat has been downgraded to a tropical storm. It is now packing sustained winds of up to 73 mph (117 kph) and is expected to make landfall on Friday afternoon.
Heavy rains are being reported in northern and central areas, and warnings have been issued for flash floods in low-lying areas and for landslides in mountainous regions.
High winds are whipping through the capital of Hanoi as the powerful storm churns off the northern coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim dies after heart attack
- CLP leader Narayanasamy meets Kiran Bedi, stakes claim to form government in Puducherry
- Amitabh Bachchan finally reacts to daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai's purple lips at Cannes!
- PHOTO: When Yuvraj Singh did push ups during post-match celebration in Chris Gayle style after SRH beat RCB