Typhoon weakens to tropical storm in Vietnam
Hanoi: Vietnam is hunkering down in preparation for a weakened Typhoon Nesat, evacuating nearly 20,000 people from coastal areas. The hard-hit Philippines is bracing for yet another monster storm building off its coast in a region that`s already waterlogged from monsoon flooding.
Vietnam`s national weather forecasting centre says Nesat has been downgraded to a tropical storm. It is now packing sustained winds of up to 73 mph (117 kph) and is expected to make landfall on Friday afternoon.
Heavy rains are being reported in northern and central areas, and warnings have been issued for flash floods in low-lying areas and for landslides in mountainous regions.
High winds are whipping through the capital of Hanoi as the powerful storm churns off the northern coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial
- IT'S DISTURBING: Watch little Syrian girl singing before a bomb explodes
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know