UAE calls for end of Myanmar violence
Abu Dhabi: The UAE has called on the international community to help end the sectarian violence in Myanmar.
The UAE is "deeply concerned" about the ethnic violence in Myanmar that claimed hundreds of lives of Rohingya Muslims and left thousands of them homeless, UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan said.
The international community should urge Myanmar to take steps to stop violence against the Rohingyas and acts that disregard principles of basic human rights and international conventions, Al Nahyan said in a letter addressed to the UN Security Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach