UAE calls for end of Myanmar violence
Abu Dhabi: The UAE has called on the international community to help end the sectarian violence in Myanmar.
The UAE is "deeply concerned" about the ethnic violence in Myanmar that claimed hundreds of lives of Rohingya Muslims and left thousands of them homeless, UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan said.
The international community should urge Myanmar to take steps to stop violence against the Rohingyas and acts that disregard principles of basic human rights and international conventions, Al Nahyan said in a letter addressed to the UN Security Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Anil Kumble: It's a great honour to be back in Indian dressing room in different role
- India vs Zimbabwe PHOTO: When MS Dhoni shared red-eye selfie on Facebook
- M.M. Khan murder: Manish Sisodia accuses hotelier of working under political patronage
- Experts for central epidemiological database to deal with bio-terrorism
- Cleric suspended after selfies with Pakistan`s `Kim Kardashian`