UAE calls for nuclear disarmament
New York: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has called for nuclear disarmament and welcomed the UN Security Council resolution 1887 in this regard.
Addressing the UN First Committee on ‘Disarmament and International Security’, Ali Ahmed Al-Shehhi, a member of the UAE delegation to the UN, confirmed UAE`s renouncement of possession of nuclear arsenals which constitute a threat to international security and stability, WAM news agency reported on Thursday.
Al-Shehhi stated that the UAE, which joined the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty in 1995, adopts a firm position in this respect with renewed calls for the international community to strengthen its efforts to phase out nuclear weapons.
Al-Shehhi also stressed the importance of reaffirming the comprehensiveness of the NPT and its support to the "Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty" (CTBT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries