UAE group to help 98 foreign prisoners go back home
Abu Dhabi: As many as 98 prisoners of various nationalities who have served sentences at UAE`s correctional facilities are now being assisted by the Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation to go back to their home countries.
The foundation is helping the prisoners settle their outstanding financial commitments, and is also procuring air tickets for them. The released prisoners hail from 12 countries.
Having completed their sentences, the inmates will be reunited with their families during the holy month of Ramadan, officials said.
The initiative was a collaboration between the foundation and the UAE`s interior ministry.
The foundation sponsored the passage of 120 inmates in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?