UAE group to help 98 foreign prisoners go back home
Abu Dhabi: As many as 98 prisoners of various nationalities who have served sentences at UAE`s correctional facilities are now being assisted by the Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation to go back to their home countries.
The foundation is helping the prisoners settle their outstanding financial commitments, and is also procuring air tickets for them. The released prisoners hail from 12 countries.
Having completed their sentences, the inmates will be reunited with their families during the holy month of Ramadan, officials said.
The initiative was a collaboration between the foundation and the UAE`s interior ministry.
The foundation sponsored the passage of 120 inmates in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi