UAE group to help 98 foreign prisoners go back home
Abu Dhabi: As many as 98 prisoners of various nationalities who have served sentences at UAE`s correctional facilities are now being assisted by the Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation to go back to their home countries.
The foundation is helping the prisoners settle their outstanding financial commitments, and is also procuring air tickets for them. The released prisoners hail from 12 countries.
Having completed their sentences, the inmates will be reunited with their families during the holy month of Ramadan, officials said.
The initiative was a collaboration between the foundation and the UAE`s interior ministry.
The foundation sponsored the passage of 120 inmates in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday