UAE is Ebola-free: Government
Dubai: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is free from the Ebola virus, the health ministry has said, adding that the nation is prepared to deal with the cases from abroad.
Amin Al Amiri, assistant undersecretary of the Ministry for Public Health Policies, said the ministry is in contact with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and other authorities on preventive measures, Gulf News reported Sunday citing WAM news agency.
He reiterated that the procedures taken so far were sufficient to protect the country from the deadly virus.
Preventive precautionary measures adopted by health institutions and other competent authorities here, including the National Crisis and Emergency Management Authority (NCEMA), are in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) regulations, Khaleej Times Monday quoted the health ministry as saying in a statement.
The health ministry is implementing all resolutions at the last WHO meeting with the Ebola-afflicted countries to prevent the entry of the disease into the UAE, it added.
The Ebola virus, transmitted through body fluids, hit African nations of Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea, and in recent months spread to other neighbouring countries.
Nearly 1,000 people have died and 1,800 have become infected in West Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie