UAE is Ebola-free: Government
Dubai: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is free from the Ebola virus, the health ministry has said, adding that the nation is prepared to deal with the cases from abroad.
Amin Al Amiri, assistant undersecretary of the Ministry for Public Health Policies, said the ministry is in contact with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and other authorities on preventive measures, Gulf News reported Sunday citing WAM news agency.
He reiterated that the procedures taken so far were sufficient to protect the country from the deadly virus.
Preventive precautionary measures adopted by health institutions and other competent authorities here, including the National Crisis and Emergency Management Authority (NCEMA), are in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) regulations, Khaleej Times Monday quoted the health ministry as saying in a statement.
The health ministry is implementing all resolutions at the last WHO meeting with the Ebola-afflicted countries to prevent the entry of the disease into the UAE, it added.
The Ebola virus, transmitted through body fluids, hit African nations of Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea, and in recent months spread to other neighbouring countries.
Nearly 1,000 people have died and 1,800 have become infected in West Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered