UAE is Ebola-free: Government
Dubai: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is free from the Ebola virus, the health ministry has said, adding that the nation is prepared to deal with the cases from abroad.
Amin Al Amiri, assistant undersecretary of the Ministry for Public Health Policies, said the ministry is in contact with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and other authorities on preventive measures, Gulf News reported Sunday citing WAM news agency.
He reiterated that the procedures taken so far were sufficient to protect the country from the deadly virus.
Preventive precautionary measures adopted by health institutions and other competent authorities here, including the National Crisis and Emergency Management Authority (NCEMA), are in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) regulations, Khaleej Times Monday quoted the health ministry as saying in a statement.
The health ministry is implementing all resolutions at the last WHO meeting with the Ebola-afflicted countries to prevent the entry of the disease into the UAE, it added.
The Ebola virus, transmitted through body fluids, hit African nations of Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea, and in recent months spread to other neighbouring countries.
Nearly 1,000 people have died and 1,800 have become infected in West Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested