UAE, Japan vow to strengthen partnership
Dubai: UAE and Japan have vowed to strengthen economic and security ties through close consultations at the end of a two-day visit by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to the Gulf nation.
"UAE and Japan have highly valued the close partnership in the political and economic fields, as well as in cultural and people-to-people exchanges, and their shared vision on the preservation of peace, stability and prosperity," a joint statement released on UAE`s official news agency Wam said.
"This includes their commitment to nuclear non-proliferation, anti-terrorism, and the promotion of a rules-based international system," it added.
Japan and UAE welcomed the signing of the Agreement between them for Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy during the visit.
The two countries also expressed their intention to hold a Comprehensive Security Dialogue to discuss regional issues, maritime security, counter-piracy, non-proliferation, anti-terrorism, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, among others.
Shinzo Abe visited UAE from May 1-2 and met with senior leadership in the country. UAE and Japan praised the working of Japan-UAE Joint Economic Committee and Abu Dhabi Japan Economic Council while welcoming the close collaboration between the public and private sectors of the countries.
The two sides have been working together in areas of oil and gas exploration and production besides research and development and refining.
They also emphasised the importance of a long-term partnership regarding oil development cooperation.
The growing cooperation in clean and renewable energy to combat climate change was also discussed during the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- President Pranab arrives in China to boost bilateral ties
- US-backed Syria rebels unleash offensive against IS capital
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!