UAE, Japan vow to strengthen partnership
Dubai: UAE and Japan have vowed to strengthen economic and security ties through close consultations at the end of a two-day visit by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to the Gulf nation.
"UAE and Japan have highly valued the close partnership in the political and economic fields, as well as in cultural and people-to-people exchanges, and their shared vision on the preservation of peace, stability and prosperity," a joint statement released on UAE`s official news agency Wam said.
"This includes their commitment to nuclear non-proliferation, anti-terrorism, and the promotion of a rules-based international system," it added.
Japan and UAE welcomed the signing of the Agreement between them for Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy during the visit.
The two countries also expressed their intention to hold a Comprehensive Security Dialogue to discuss regional issues, maritime security, counter-piracy, non-proliferation, anti-terrorism, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, among others.
Shinzo Abe visited UAE from May 1-2 and met with senior leadership in the country. UAE and Japan praised the working of Japan-UAE Joint Economic Committee and Abu Dhabi Japan Economic Council while welcoming the close collaboration between the public and private sectors of the countries.
The two sides have been working together in areas of oil and gas exploration and production besides research and development and refining.
They also emphasised the importance of a long-term partnership regarding oil development cooperation.
The growing cooperation in clean and renewable energy to combat climate change was also discussed during the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan