UAE plans compulsory military service for all adult males
Dubai: The UAE has decided to make military service compulsory for all adult males, but kept it optional for women, the Gulf nation`s prime minister said on Sunday.
Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum said the cabinet has approved compulsory military service for all men aged between 18 and 30.
The service will be optional for women, the Gulf news reported.
"The National Service will be mandatory for all male UAE nationals, above 18 yrs, or high school grads; it will be voluntary for females," Shaikh Mohammad wrote on on his official Twitter handle.
"The Service will cover military training at the armed forces, 9 months for high school grads & 2 yrs for those with less than high school."
"Our message to the world is a message of peace; the stronger we are, the stronger our message," wrote Shaikh Mohammad, also vice-president and ruler of Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what