UAE plans compulsory military service for all adult males
Dubai: The UAE has decided to make military service compulsory for all adult males, but kept it optional for women, the Gulf nation`s prime minister said on Sunday.
Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum said the cabinet has approved compulsory military service for all men aged between 18 and 30.
The service will be optional for women, the Gulf news reported.
"The National Service will be mandatory for all male UAE nationals, above 18 yrs, or high school grads; it will be voluntary for females," Shaikh Mohammad wrote on on his official Twitter handle.
"The Service will cover military training at the armed forces, 9 months for high school grads & 2 yrs for those with less than high school."
"Our message to the world is a message of peace; the stronger we are, the stronger our message," wrote Shaikh Mohammad, also vice-president and ruler of Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state