UAE reiterates support to Myanmar Muslims
Abu Dhabi: The UAE on Friday reiterated its support to the Organisation of the Islamic Conference call for protecting Muslims in Myanmar.
Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan discussed the plight of Myanmar Muslims with secretary general of the OIC, Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu.
Abdullah stressed the need for an emergency meeting of the UN Human Rights Council to discuss the situation and to take decisive action to stop the violence against Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!