UAE, Russia sign nuclear deal
Abu Dhabi: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Russia Monday signed an agreement for cooperation in the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
The agreement was signed by Sergei Kiriyenko, head of the Russian nuclear corporation Rosatom, and UAE`s Deputy Energy Minister Mohammed bin Zain al-Hamli.
"This is a comprehensive agreement encompassing cooperation in all areas of nuclear energy, including uranium mining and processing, fuel production, research and building nuclear power plants," Kiriyenko said.
It lays the legal groundwork for technology transfers and the delivery of nuclear materials to the energy sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!