UAE, Russia sign nuclear deal
Abu Dhabi: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Russia Monday signed an agreement for cooperation in the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
The agreement was signed by Sergei Kiriyenko, head of the Russian nuclear corporation Rosatom, and UAE`s Deputy Energy Minister Mohammed bin Zain al-Hamli.
"This is a comprehensive agreement encompassing cooperation in all areas of nuclear energy, including uranium mining and processing, fuel production, research and building nuclear power plants," Kiriyenko said.
It lays the legal groundwork for technology transfers and the delivery of nuclear materials to the energy sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?