UAE, Russia sign nuclear deal
Abu Dhabi: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Russia Monday signed an agreement for cooperation in the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
The agreement was signed by Sergei Kiriyenko, head of the Russian nuclear corporation Rosatom, and UAE`s Deputy Energy Minister Mohammed bin Zain al-Hamli.
"This is a comprehensive agreement encompassing cooperation in all areas of nuclear energy, including uranium mining and processing, fuel production, research and building nuclear power plants," Kiriyenko said.
It lays the legal groundwork for technology transfers and the delivery of nuclear materials to the energy sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list