UAE summons Iraqi envoy
Abu Dhabi:The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has summoned Iraq`s ambassador and lodged a protest against the Iraqi prime minister`s statement that Saudi Arabia was funding terrorism.
UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash, Wednesday summoned Iraqi Ambassador to the UAE Muwaffaq Mehdi Abboud and delivered a memorandum condemning the statement by Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Maliki and his allegation that the sisterly kingdom of Saudi Arabia provided support for terrorism.
Gargash said that these statements were totally without foundation and were not based on any correct assessment of the situation in the region with regard to terrorism, especially because Saudi Arabia played a prominent role in fighting terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
Gargash stressed that the UAE, out of its commitment and role in fighting the epidemic of terrorism, greatly appreciated the contributions by Saudi Arabia in this field and commended its policies and its practical initiatives that were intended to uproot the phenomenon of terrorism.
Saudi Arabia has already rejected Maliki`s allegation that it and Qatar were supporting terrorists in Iraq`s Anbar province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV