UAE summons Iraqi envoy
Abu Dhabi:The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has summoned Iraq`s ambassador and lodged a protest against the Iraqi prime minister`s statement that Saudi Arabia was funding terrorism.
UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash, Wednesday summoned Iraqi Ambassador to the UAE Muwaffaq Mehdi Abboud and delivered a memorandum condemning the statement by Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Maliki and his allegation that the sisterly kingdom of Saudi Arabia provided support for terrorism.
Gargash said that these statements were totally without foundation and were not based on any correct assessment of the situation in the region with regard to terrorism, especially because Saudi Arabia played a prominent role in fighting terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
Gargash stressed that the UAE, out of its commitment and role in fighting the epidemic of terrorism, greatly appreciated the contributions by Saudi Arabia in this field and commended its policies and its practical initiatives that were intended to uproot the phenomenon of terrorism.
Saudi Arabia has already rejected Maliki`s allegation that it and Qatar were supporting terrorists in Iraq`s Anbar province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened