UAE women students climb Mount Kilimanjaro
Abu Dhabi: Nine students from the Abu Dhabi Women`s College have returned from Tanzania following a successful trip to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, the world`s fourth highest mountain.
The students and three teachers reached the 5,895 metre-high peak after six days of climbing in temperatures ranging between 10-20 degrees Celsius below zero and low oxygen levels.
The trip, the first by a UAE team to Kilimanjaro, was sponsored Abu Dhabi`s Mubadala Development and the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy.
Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder