UAE`s Emirates, Etihad airlines halt Yemen cargo
Dubai: The United Arab Emirates` two main airlines say they have stopped carrying cargo from Yemen as a precaution following the discovery of two mail bombs shipped as air freight.
The region`s biggest airline Emirates and Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways each confirmed the cargo embargoes in response to questions on Sunday.
Etihad said it has also ceased cargo shipments from Somalia.
The UAE late last week said it was tightening security at the country`s airports to more closely monitor goods from certain unnamed countries.
One of two packages in last week`s mail bomb plot was discovered by UAE authorities in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000