UAE`s Emirates, Etihad airlines halt Yemen cargo
Dubai: The United Arab Emirates` two main airlines say they have stopped carrying cargo from Yemen as a precaution following the discovery of two mail bombs shipped as air freight.
The region`s biggest airline Emirates and Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways each confirmed the cargo embargoes in response to questions on Sunday.
Etihad said it has also ceased cargo shipments from Somalia.
The UAE late last week said it was tightening security at the country`s airports to more closely monitor goods from certain unnamed countries.
One of two packages in last week`s mail bomb plot was discovered by UAE authorities in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents