UAE`s Emirates, Etihad airlines halt Yemen cargo
Dubai: The United Arab Emirates` two main airlines say they have stopped carrying cargo from Yemen as a precaution following the discovery of two mail bombs shipped as air freight.
The region`s biggest airline Emirates and Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways each confirmed the cargo embargoes in response to questions on Sunday.
Etihad said it has also ceased cargo shipments from Somalia.
The UAE late last week said it was tightening security at the country`s airports to more closely monitor goods from certain unnamed countries.
One of two packages in last week`s mail bomb plot was discovered by UAE authorities in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning