Ugandan newspaper again publishes list of gay men
Kampala: A controversial newspaper has for the second time published photos, names and home addresses of gay Ugandans.
The paper`s managing editor, Giles Muhame, said today he plans to continue publishing photos of gay men to "help them live responsible lives."
A rights group is seeking an injunction to bar the paper from publishing faces of homosexuals in future editions.
Earlier this month the paper published a list of 100 gay Ugandans. Rights activists said the story prompted attacks against at least four people.
In October 2009 a lawmaker introduced a bill that would impose the death penalty for some homosexual acts and life in prison for others. The bill has not come up for a vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players