Ugandan rebels said to kill 255 in central Africa
Nairobi: A rights group says a Ugandan rebel group known for committing atrocities has killed at least 255 adults and children in the past 18 months in Congo and Central African Republic.
Human Rights Watch says in a report released in the US on Wednesday that the Lord`s Resistance Army killed the victims after they tried to escape, walked too slowly, or were unable to bear the heavy loads they were forced to carry.
The group said the killed were part of almost 700 adults and children abducted in the two countries.
The LRA began its attacks in northern Uganda more than 20 years ago and has since spread to Congo, Sudan and Central African Republic. It has no known agenda except killing and kidnapping to swell its ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog