UK: 12-yr-old boy rapes to feel `grown up`
London: A 12-year-old boy raped a girl three years younger in Britain after watching hardcore porn on the internet. He said he did it "to feel grown up", a court heard.
His lawyer Sean Templeton told the closed hearing that the boy was copying what he had seen online with unlimited access to explicit sites, The Sun reported.
The lawyer said it was worrisome that youngsters were getting their sex education from porn. He further warned that the boy`s case was the "tip of the iceberg", with similar incidents going unreported.
Judge Lady Smith told the boy: "You must not regard pornography as any guide at all as to how to behave sexually."
The boy, now 14, admitted rape and sexual assault but was spared a custodial sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm
- India, Congo's friendly relation to strengthen further: President
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic