UK Anglican bishops in talks with Vatican
London: Two Church of England bishops say they have travelled to the Vatican for exploratory talks about joining the Catholic Church.
The bishop of Fulham and the bishop of Richborough said they and a third bishop travelled to Rome to speak with Catholic officials.
The Sunday Telegraph said that the bishops had told the Vatican they were ready to defect, but Rev Keith Newton, the bishop of Richborough, said that was not true.
He said he and his colleagues were in Rome for "nothing more than exploratory talks" and that no decision had been made.
Pope Benedict XVI raised hackles among many here when he invited disaffected Anglicans to join the Catholic Church en masse.
The issue threatens to overshadow his coming visit to Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog