UK cop sacked for posting genitals snap online
London: A senior police inspector, who served in a British police force for 25 years, was sacked after he posted a picture of his genitals on social networking website Facebook, the Daily Mail reported.
Inspector Daemon Johnson, who worked with Northamptonshire Police, was fired after officers spotted the explicit photo online.
The officer also sent inappropriate emails and made lewd comments to female members of staff, the daily said.
He was sacked for gross misconduct following an investigation by the police`s professional standards department.
Johnson is not the first in Britain to be sacked or forced to resign because of such online indiscretions.
One officer from Cheshire resigned in October 2010 after being accused of harassing a former partner on the website.
Earlier this year, four officers from the same force as Johnson were banned from using Twitter after being caught sending inappropriate messages to each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video