UK cop sacked for posting genitals snap online
London: A senior police inspector, who served in a British police force for 25 years, was sacked after he posted a picture of his genitals on social networking website Facebook, the Daily Mail reported.
Inspector Daemon Johnson, who worked with Northamptonshire Police, was fired after officers spotted the explicit photo online.
The officer also sent inappropriate emails and made lewd comments to female members of staff, the daily said.
He was sacked for gross misconduct following an investigation by the police`s professional standards department.
Johnson is not the first in Britain to be sacked or forced to resign because of such online indiscretions.
One officer from Cheshire resigned in October 2010 after being accused of harassing a former partner on the website.
Earlier this year, four officers from the same force as Johnson were banned from using Twitter after being caught sending inappropriate messages to each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends