UK cop sacked for posting genitals snap online
London: A senior police inspector, who served in a British police force for 25 years, was sacked after he posted a picture of his genitals on social networking website Facebook, the Daily Mail reported.
Inspector Daemon Johnson, who worked with Northamptonshire Police, was fired after officers spotted the explicit photo online.
The officer also sent inappropriate emails and made lewd comments to female members of staff, the daily said.
He was sacked for gross misconduct following an investigation by the police`s professional standards department.
Johnson is not the first in Britain to be sacked or forced to resign because of such online indiscretions.
One officer from Cheshire resigned in October 2010 after being accused of harassing a former partner on the website.
Earlier this year, four officers from the same force as Johnson were banned from using Twitter after being caught sending inappropriate messages to each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India