UK cop sacked for posting genitals snap online
London: A senior police inspector, who served in a British police force for 25 years, was sacked after he posted a picture of his genitals on social networking website Facebook, the Daily Mail reported.
Inspector Daemon Johnson, who worked with Northamptonshire Police, was fired after officers spotted the explicit photo online.
The officer also sent inappropriate emails and made lewd comments to female members of staff, the daily said.
He was sacked for gross misconduct following an investigation by the police`s professional standards department.
Johnson is not the first in Britain to be sacked or forced to resign because of such online indiscretions.
One officer from Cheshire resigned in October 2010 after being accused of harassing a former partner on the website.
Earlier this year, four officers from the same force as Johnson were banned from using Twitter after being caught sending inappropriate messages to each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'