UK eases immigration rules to attract foreign students
London: The United Kingdom Friday relaxed its immigration rules to make the country more attractive to international students.
The changes will also give greater flexibility to business visitors and to businesses that employ and sponsor international migrants, the UK Home Office said in a statement.
“Today’s changes will ensure that the UK continues to attract global talent to work for British businesses and study at our world-class universities,” UK Immigration Minister Mark Harper said in the statement.
“Immigration reform is working; we have tightened immigration routes where abuse was rife, while still encouraging the brightest and the best to come to the UK,” he added.
The new changes allow international students to take up corporate internships after completing their degree and make it easier for graduate entrepreneurs to take up skilled jobs.
Changes made in the business visitor visa rules will allow employees to undertake corporate training in Britain where it is delivered by an external company, according to the Home Office statement.
Global organisations can also bring their own auditors on a business visitor visa, thus making it easy for such organisations to complete international audits.
"The UK is open for business: we are building an immigration system that works in the national interest and supports growth,” Harper said.
Individuals on graduate entrepreneur visas will be able to switch to a skilled worker visa more easily following Friday`s changes in the rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!