UK fears al Qaeda will find out double agent’s ide
London: Security chiefs in the UK fear that al Qaeda will soon discover the identity of the double agent who foiled their underwear plot.
M15, UK`s internal counter-intelligence and security agency, fear that militant Islamists will try to take revenge from the British spy.
The agent was a British passport holder of Saudi heritage and volunteered to take part in a suicide mission, but instead escaped with an underwear bomb designed to blow up a US airliner.
A former security official told The Telegraph that although the mission to penetrate AQAP was a success, the agent would never be able to take part in another covert operations ever.
The official also said that the agent could be relocated outside the Middle East and also be provided with a new identity.
The AQAP is currently the ``greatest operational threat`` to Britain and America, according to senior Whitehall sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof