UK fears al Qaeda will find out double agent’s ide
London: Security chiefs in the UK fear that al Qaeda will soon discover the identity of the double agent who foiled their underwear plot.
M15, UK`s internal counter-intelligence and security agency, fear that militant Islamists will try to take revenge from the British spy.
The agent was a British passport holder of Saudi heritage and volunteered to take part in a suicide mission, but instead escaped with an underwear bomb designed to blow up a US airliner.
A former security official told The Telegraph that although the mission to penetrate AQAP was a success, the agent would never be able to take part in another covert operations ever.
The official also said that the agent could be relocated outside the Middle East and also be provided with a new identity.
The AQAP is currently the ``greatest operational threat`` to Britain and America, according to senior Whitehall sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next