UK hospital says sorry over Kate hoax call
London: King Edward VII hospital, which is treating Prince William`s pregnant wife Catherine has expressed ‘deep regrets’ for giving information about the Duchess of Cambridge to hoax callers from a radio station.
The leading British hospital is treating Catherine for severe morning sickness disclosed information about her condition to hoax callers from an Australian radio station posing as Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles.
Two presenters on Sydney-based radio station 2Day FM are reported to have convinced staff at King Edward VII hospital in London that they were the Royals and were connected to the duchess`s private nurse yesterday.
The presenters posed as the Queen and Prince Charles got details of Kate`s health condition from a nurse.
The Australian 2DayFM placed the recording of the conversation on its website.
The leading private hospital treating the 30-year-old Duchess of Cambridge said it "deeply regrets" giving out information about her condition to hoax callers.
The hospital said confidentiality was taken seriously and telephone protocols are under review, the BBC reported.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly