UK hospital says sorry over Kate hoax call
London: King Edward VII hospital, which is treating Prince William`s pregnant wife Catherine has expressed ‘deep regrets’ for giving information about the Duchess of Cambridge to hoax callers from a radio station.
The leading British hospital is treating Catherine for severe morning sickness disclosed information about her condition to hoax callers from an Australian radio station posing as Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles.
Two presenters on Sydney-based radio station 2Day FM are reported to have convinced staff at King Edward VII hospital in London that they were the Royals and were connected to the duchess`s private nurse yesterday.
The presenters posed as the Queen and Prince Charles got details of Kate`s health condition from a nurse.
The Australian 2DayFM placed the recording of the conversation on its website.
The leading private hospital treating the 30-year-old Duchess of Cambridge said it "deeply regrets" giving out information about her condition to hoax callers.
The hospital said confidentiality was taken seriously and telephone protocols are under review, the BBC reported.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh