UK hospital says sorry over Kate hoax call
London: King Edward VII hospital, which is treating Prince William`s pregnant wife Catherine has expressed ‘deep regrets’ for giving information about the Duchess of Cambridge to hoax callers from a radio station.
The leading British hospital is treating Catherine for severe morning sickness disclosed information about her condition to hoax callers from an Australian radio station posing as Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles.
Two presenters on Sydney-based radio station 2Day FM are reported to have convinced staff at King Edward VII hospital in London that they were the Royals and were connected to the duchess`s private nurse yesterday.
The presenters posed as the Queen and Prince Charles got details of Kate`s health condition from a nurse.
The Australian 2DayFM placed the recording of the conversation on its website.
The leading private hospital treating the 30-year-old Duchess of Cambridge said it "deeply regrets" giving out information about her condition to hoax callers.
The hospital said confidentiality was taken seriously and telephone protocols are under review, the BBC reported.
With PTI inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed