UK hospital says sorry over Kate hoax call
London: King Edward VII hospital, which is treating Prince William`s pregnant wife Catherine has expressed ‘deep regrets’ for giving information about the Duchess of Cambridge to hoax callers from a radio station.
The leading British hospital is treating Catherine for severe morning sickness disclosed information about her condition to hoax callers from an Australian radio station posing as Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles.
Two presenters on Sydney-based radio station 2Day FM are reported to have convinced staff at King Edward VII hospital in London that they were the Royals and were connected to the duchess`s private nurse yesterday.
The presenters posed as the Queen and Prince Charles got details of Kate`s health condition from a nurse.
The Australian 2DayFM placed the recording of the conversation on its website.
The leading private hospital treating the 30-year-old Duchess of Cambridge said it "deeply regrets" giving out information about her condition to hoax callers.
The hospital said confidentiality was taken seriously and telephone protocols are under review, the BBC reported.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report