UK intelligence warns nations `hiring hackers` to launch attacks
Washington: UK`s intelligence agency, GCHQ in its annual report expressed concern over nations allegedly `hiring hackers` in order to launch attacks on enemy states.
According to Fox News, GCHQ described the hackers as skilled cyber professionals undertaking attacks on diverse targets such as financial institutions and energy companies.
Although the agency did not specify the countries carrying out such attacks, it expressed concern over the proliferation of private companies that profit from developing and distributing offensive software adding that the cyber threat UK is facing is of `highest level` and is expected to grow even further.
The report said that Russia and China were earlier alleged to have carried out attacks over the internet.
The agency further said that the hackers` combination of their capability and the objectives of their state backers make them of particular concern, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir