UK intelligence warns nations `hiring hackers` to launch attacks
Washington: UK`s intelligence agency, GCHQ in its annual report expressed concern over nations allegedly `hiring hackers` in order to launch attacks on enemy states.
According to Fox News, GCHQ described the hackers as skilled cyber professionals undertaking attacks on diverse targets such as financial institutions and energy companies.
Although the agency did not specify the countries carrying out such attacks, it expressed concern over the proliferation of private companies that profit from developing and distributing offensive software adding that the cyber threat UK is facing is of `highest level` and is expected to grow even further.
The report said that Russia and China were earlier alleged to have carried out attacks over the internet.
The agency further said that the hackers` combination of their capability and the objectives of their state backers make them of particular concern, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today