UK jury convicts 2 of killing boy for `witchcraft`
London: A British jury has found a couple
guilty of torturing and murdering a 15-year-old boy whom they
accused of witchcraft.
Magalie Bamu and her partner Eric Bikubi were convicted
Thursday of killing Magalie`s brother Kristy Bamu, who drowned
in a bathtub on Christmas Day 2010.
Prosecutors at London`s Central Criminal Court said the
teenager had 130 injuries inflicted by sticks, a metal bar, a
hammer and a chisel.
They said he eventually drowned after being forced into a
bathtub and doused with cold water.
They said the boy`s sister and her boyfriend beat him as
part of a "deliverance" ceremony because they believed he had
cast spells on another child in the family.
The couple, originally from Congo, had denied murder. They
will be sentenced Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical