UK: Man arrested over alleged computer hacking
London: British police investigating media wrongdoing say they have arrested a 55-year-old man on suspicion of computer hacking.
The Metropolitan Police say the man was detained today in Cardiff, Wales, and was being questioned at a police station.
He was arrested as part of Operation Tuleta, which is investigating allegations that journalists broke into computer systems to steal information, although police said he was not directly linked to any news organisation.
He is the sixth person arrested in the probe, one of three parallel police investigations triggered by a scandal over tabloid phone hacking that has rocked Britain`s political and media elite.
So far, 24 people have been arrested as part of the phone-hacking inquiry, and 41 in an investigation into alleged bribery of police and other officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof