UK man gets pierced by 15in twig in neck, saved
London: Surgeons in UK have saved a 34-year-old man`s life after they successfully removed a 15 inch-long twig which had impaled his neck.
Adrian Wood, from Werrington, Cambridgeshire, fell off his bike on a ride and the tree branch skewered him. It ripped through his jugular vein, voicebox and oesophagus, ending up just two millimetres from an artery.
Adrian picked himself up and walked along an alleyway with the 2 inch-wide branch stuck in his neck.
"I kept looking forward, taking very careful steps. I could feel the branch tapping on my shoulder. If I had moved it or pulled it slightly, I would have died," Adrian said.
After a friend raised the alarm, Adrian was rushed to Peterborough City Hospital and given a 50-50 chance of survival, `The Sun` reported.
But surgeons were successful in removing the branch in a five-hour operation. Adrian is now recuperating and hopes to return home soon.
"I`ll get back on the bike as soon as I can. And I`ve kept the stick. I`m going to frame it!" Adrian said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui