UK Mayor `drives` car through supermarket’s front door
London: The town mayor of St Edmundsbury in Suffolk, accidentally drove his car through the front doors of his local supermarket on Tuesday - just five days after he was elected to his post.
Terry Buckle, 73, had been trying to park in a disabled bay when his vehicle lurched forward, the movement set off sensors, which opened the automatic doors – allowing his car to enter Tesco store with only minor damage, the Mirror reported.
The Conservative councillor managed to avoid a brick wall to the left of the doors and a plate-glass window to the right, his Vauxhall Vectra came to a standstill over a stack of plastic drinks bottles, the only damage that the car suffered was to it’s wing mirrors.
Buckle, who suffered whiplash and shoulder injuries in the bizarre accident, was rushed to hospital but allowed to go home after X-Rays confirmed that he had no broken bones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?