UK Mayor `drives` car through supermarket’s front door
London: The town mayor of St Edmundsbury in Suffolk, accidentally drove his car through the front doors of his local supermarket on Tuesday - just five days after he was elected to his post.
Terry Buckle, 73, had been trying to park in a disabled bay when his vehicle lurched forward, the movement set off sensors, which opened the automatic doors – allowing his car to enter Tesco store with only minor damage, the Mirror reported.
The Conservative councillor managed to avoid a brick wall to the left of the doors and a plate-glass window to the right, his Vauxhall Vectra came to a standstill over a stack of plastic drinks bottles, the only damage that the car suffered was to it’s wing mirrors.
Buckle, who suffered whiplash and shoulder injuries in the bizarre accident, was rushed to hospital but allowed to go home after X-Rays confirmed that he had no broken bones.
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day