UK Mayor `drives` car through supermarket’s front door
London: The town mayor of St Edmundsbury in Suffolk, accidentally drove his car through the front doors of his local supermarket on Tuesday - just five days after he was elected to his post.
Terry Buckle, 73, had been trying to park in a disabled bay when his vehicle lurched forward, the movement set off sensors, which opened the automatic doors – allowing his car to enter Tesco store with only minor damage, the Mirror reported.
The Conservative councillor managed to avoid a brick wall to the left of the doors and a plate-glass window to the right, his Vauxhall Vectra came to a standstill over a stack of plastic drinks bottles, the only damage that the car suffered was to it’s wing mirrors.
Buckle, who suffered whiplash and shoulder injuries in the bizarre accident, was rushed to hospital but allowed to go home after X-Rays confirmed that he had no broken bones.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India