UK Mayor `drives` car through supermarket’s front door
London: The town mayor of St Edmundsbury in Suffolk, accidentally drove his car through the front doors of his local supermarket on Tuesday - just five days after he was elected to his post.
Terry Buckle, 73, had been trying to park in a disabled bay when his vehicle lurched forward, the movement set off sensors, which opened the automatic doors – allowing his car to enter Tesco store with only minor damage, the Mirror reported.
The Conservative councillor managed to avoid a brick wall to the left of the doors and a plate-glass window to the right, his Vauxhall Vectra came to a standstill over a stack of plastic drinks bottles, the only damage that the car suffered was to it’s wing mirrors.
Buckle, who suffered whiplash and shoulder injuries in the bizarre accident, was rushed to hospital but allowed to go home after X-Rays confirmed that he had no broken bones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from July 18, end on August 12
- Barack Obama does not see major, cataclysmic changes after Brexit
- Mumbai: Youth performs daredevil stunt atop local train - Watch video
- You cannot afford to miss these monsoon destinations in India!
- Prince Harry joins Coldplay onstage at Kensington Palace gig