UK MP attacks new rule on Muslim women veils
London: New curbs on Muslim veils in the House of Commons have been criticized by Respect Party MP George Galloway.
Galloway, whose Bradford West constituency has a large ethnic population, said the restrictions could discriminate against Muslim women.
“You may be required to remove any covering which obscures your face,” The rule for everyone who works at the Palace of Westminster states.
According to the Daily Mail, Galloway said that ‘everyone understands the need to have proper security, but these rules seem a little heavy handed and confusing to me’.
One MP, however, said that it would be better for visitors.
“It will be much more welcoming for them if they are greeted by someone whose face they can see clearly,” the MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?