UK national abducted in Nigeria
Abuja: A British national was kidnapped in Nigeria`s commercial capital of Lagos shortly after arriving in the country, the UK High Commission in Nigeria has said.
The kidnapping took place on Tuesday when he was travelling from Lagos International airport to his residence in a high brow part of the city, it said.
The vehicle he was travelling in was ambushed by gunmen, with the driver sustaining injuries.
The High Commission said that efforts were being made to secure the release of the hostage whose name had not been revealed yet.
"The BHC is working closely with others to secure the release of the hostage. Because of the nature of this incident, the BHC is not going into further detail about it," it said.
Several British firms operate in Nigeria and they have many expatriate workers.
Kidnappers in Nigeria often demand for ransom before setting free their hostages.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory