UK: Pak-origin sex gang leader jailed for 22 years
London: A Pakistani-origin man, who was the ringleader of an Asian gang that preyed on young white girls in Britain, has been jailed for 22 years.
Taxi driver Shabir Ahmed, 59, was convicted of a ‘campaign’ of 30 sex attacks on a child.
He was already serving a 19-year sentence from May for conspiracy, two rapes, aiding and abetting rape, sexual assault and sex trafficking.
His domineering temper earned him the nickname ‘Daddy’ by the white teenage victims, the Telegraph reports.
Ahmed, who called the judge a ‘racist b------‘, was one of nine men jailed at Liverpool Crown Court for a total of 77 years for passing around the youngsters and plying them with drugs and drink.
The Manchester Crown Court heard that Ahmed repeatedly raped and sexually abused a young Asian girl for more than a decade, treating her as a ``possession`` to use for his own sexual gratification.
The court was told that the victim got the courage to report the rapes to police only after an investigation was launched into the sex grooming scandal in Rochdale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'