UK Parliament to spend one lakh pounds to refurbish 2 toilets
London: The British Parliament plans to spend up to 100,000 pounds to refurbish two toilets used by peers and VIP guests at the Palace of Westminster.
The cost of refurbishing two toilets could cost up to 100,000 pounds, according to a Commons contract on a government website.
Lavatories in the Salisbury Room area of the House of Lords have not been updated since the 1990s and are said to be in an "unacceptable condition".
Peers, staff, and visiting dignitaries use the toilets, which give a "poor image" of the Palace, a document says.
The work is expected to begin in August and will be completed in about 42 days, the BBC reported.
Refurbishment of the lavatories will include updating the existing men`s and women`s toilets and providing a unisex disabled accessible facility.
The contract put out to tender says the work includes installing "historic oak panelling", minor demolition work, decorations and sanitary equipment.
A House of Lords spokesman said, "The House of Lords has opened a procurement process to refurbish two toilets on the principal floor to ensure we comply with disability access legislation.
"As with all procurement we undertake this will be done with a determined focus on value for money for the taxpayer," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog