UK phone-hacking trial from September 2013 ?
London: The trial of seven former employees of media baron Rupert Murdoch`s now-defunct News of the World tabloid including former editors Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson will begin in September 2013, a judge said here Wednesday.
The seven individuals, accused of conspiracy to access voicemails for information, appeared in court wednesday.
Besides them, private investigator Glenn Mulcaire, who allegedly hacked into the phones at the behest of the tabloid, also appeared in the court.
The date for the start of trial was provisionally set at September 9.
Besides Brooks and Coulson, the other individuals facing charges are ex-managing editor Stuart Kuttner, former news editor Greg Miskiw, former head of news Ian Edmondson, ex-reporter James Weatherup and former chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck.
Coulson was the tabloid`s editor from 2003 to 2007, while Brooks edited the paper from 2000 to 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what