UK play centre bans dads to avoid offending Muslims
London: A children’s play centre in Britain has been plunged into a sexism row after it banned fathers from entering the premises to avoid offending Muslim women.
Kids Go Wild is believed to be the first such play centre in the country to introduce a ‘women only’ policy, which also bans boys over the age of nine.
Bosses at the centre, claimed the policy was instigated for ‘cultural reasons’ and was in the interests of women.
The move has, however, angered both Muslim and non-Muslim men, with one father branding the move as “disgusting” and “sexist”, The Daily Express reports.
“In the Muslim community men and women being separate is normal at religious events and social functions. But a play centre isn’t a religious or function thing. It’s somewhere for children to play. A ban on men gives the wrong impression about men,” the report quoted a father, as saying
A poster outside the centre, in the predominantly Asian area of Birmingham, reads: “Ladies and children only. No boys over nine allowed.”
The newly-formed group advertises itself as “the UK’s first ladies and children’s only soft play centre”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- As BJP celebrates two years in power, ally Shiv Sena says Modi govt 'a failure on many fronts'
- Marijuana recovered from two smugglers in Jammu
- Security forces, militants engaged in gunfight in Kupwara
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: When Shoaib Akhtar bowled Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar off consecutive balls!
- West Bengal: Net worth of richest MLA Rs 40 crore, poorest has Rs 50,000