UK PM Cameron to meet Barack Obama on Monday
Washington: British Prime Minister David Cameron would travel to the United States to meet the President Barack Obama at the White House on Monday, the White House has said.
Among other things, the two leaders are expected to discuss a wide range of issues, including the current pressing issue of Syria, the White House said yesterday.
"The President looks forward to discuss these issues with the British Prime Minister, that include Syria, trade and economic cooperation, countering terrorism, and priorities for the upcoming G-8 Summit in Northern Ireland," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters here.
"The Prime Minister`s visit underscores the special relationship between the US and the UK that has been crucial in advancing our shared security and prosperity, and the tremendous strategic importance we place on broadening and strengthening our collaboration on global challenges," he said.
Obama looks forward to visiting Northern Ireland in June, where Cameron will host the G8 Summit, Carney said.
"The visit will highlight the fundamental importance of the US-UK relationship -- a relationship through which together we address a broad range of shared global and regional security concerns," the US official said.
The White House yesterday also announced the visits of the Chilean and Peruvian presidents in June.
Carney said Obama will host President Sebastián Piñera of Chile at the White House on June 04.
"The President looks forward to discuss a broad range of bilateral, regional, and global issues during their Oval Office meeting, including our joint work in advancing negotiations toward the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement," he said.
The US President will also host his Peruvian counterpart Ollanta Humala at the White House on June 11, the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations